Monday, April 13, 2015

T minus 7 days: The Boston Memorial Run (4/13/15)

One week out from my first Boston Marathon.  It's been a long time coming and here in the final week it's time to obsess over things I cannot control.  So I intend to do three things today that can help me.

1.  The Boston Marathon Memorial run - For the third year Somerville Road Runners will hold its memorial run during its Monday BurRun.  So I'll do some easy miles, jog there, have a pint with the boys, run the 5k and jog back.

2.  Watch the replay of Paris-Roubaix - Hell of the North - on the channel that was up until very recently called Versus.

3.  Obsess about the weather on Next Monday.  When I woke up this morning they predicted a high of 58°F, mostly sunny with 10% chance of rain and gentle breeze from the W.  At 4:30 pm, the prediction had changed to 59°F, partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain and heavier breeze but from the SE.



Photos by Tom Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment