Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Challenge: #deckaday

I only wish this was the deck I was using


It's October that can only mean two things:
1) Malty or pumpkiny beer and,
2) Random physical challenge.

Last year it was Halftoberfest - four half marathons and a full marathon in one month.  This year, I'm engaged in a new challenge #deckaday.

The basics are one deck of cards: shuffled.  As you turn over a card, if its black do that many push-ups (2-10, J=11, Q=12, K=13, A=14); if it's red do that many sit-ups.  Time it and post it to "social media." In my case twitter.

O' zapft is! (It's tapped) Day one is done in: 26:05.

To be honest, my back hurts from the sit-ups, so I'll probably not do those any more, but mix in four count leg raises, cross over crunches and other countable ab work instead.

Also, I had Dogfish Head's Punkin Ale - not impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment