Zicke Zacke Zicke Zacke: oi! oi! oi!
Often in my months off from specific training I like to give myself a physical challenge. This month I have not only done that but come up with a clever name:
Halftoberfest will be four half marathons and a full marathon run all in the calendar month of October. It will take me to 3 states, a province, 2 countries, 2 mid-race border crossings and two weekends of back-to-back racing.
1. Applefest Half Marathon, Hollis, NH - 10/6/12
Includes Clydesdale category
2. BAA Half Marathon, Boston, MA - 10/7/12
Culmination of the BAA Distance Medley
3. Detroit International Half Marathon, Detroit, MI - 10/21/12
Includes running over a Bridge to Canada and back through a tunnel to USA
4. Cape Cod Half Marathon, Falmouth, MA - 10/27/12
First half of the Cape Cod Clam Chowder Cup Challenge
5. Cape Cod Marathon, Falmouth, MA 10/28/12
Second half of the Cape Cod Clam Chowder Cup Challenge