Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spring Sprung: The Week that Was (5/5/15-5/11/15)

Minuteman Bikeway @ Lake Street
5/5/15

Spring has sprung in New Englund...

Kaying the Charles

This year I got the season pass for Charles River Canoe and Kayak.



Broad Canal, Cambridge

Museum of Science and Zakim Bridge

Cambridgeside Galleria

Cormorant

Pru and Sail

Tree and Crew




Citgo Sign

Skyline from the kayak


MOMs Run: 5/10/15


Couple of the youngest SRR members take on the kid's race
photo by Tom Cole



Distance: 5K
Location: Davis Square, Somerville
Goal Time: ??:??
Actual Time: 22:10

To quote Deb Downs: "I missed the staht!"

New Bike: 5/11/15

For those who may follow me, know that my bike - Baske Osarije - was stolen from me right before Doyle's Five Miler in April.

Baske Ostarije
Feb 2014
That bike was named for the Baske Ostarije pass in Croatia that I rode up all 1000 meters of over 12km dragging a 100lb trailer behind.

But now I have been able to replace it with - Evans Notch; named for an equally difficult pass in Maine I rode up in May of 2012

Evan's Notch

Upcoming - 

In just over a month I'll be riding the 100 mile route at the Tour de Cure Kennebunks.  If you can, please support my fundraising to help try to find a cure for diabetes, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment