So the season had of course ups and downs.
Soccer Team “To Be Determined” had a good run into the play-offs only to be beaten in the first round.
Cycling saw a PR in the 200K and the finishing of my first official Century ride. It also saw my failure in the 300K
This year’s marathon – the National Marathon – was virtual disaster. Virtual because I did finish.
I ran 3 track miles – none near fast enough.
In the Trail/Cross Country Category, I had one slow 10 miler and an all surface PR at the Playworks Run For Recess 5K.
I ran three different relay races. SRR-Wind took 3rd at the Club Cup; Team Bonnie and Clyde took 4th at the MDI Marathon; and, Herbert and The Exotic Dancers did well at Lake Winni.
I had set three major goals before the season. The first was the National Marathon, which was not a great showing. But, any finished marathon is a good marathon.
The second was the Cape Cod Half Marathon Trilogy. I ran my two fastest half marathons and won the 211-225 lb Clydesdales in each of the three and will get a jacket for the completion.
The third was MiamiMan. Dominated this!
- Road 5K – An Ras Mor – 21:35
- All Surface 5K – Playworks 5K – 21:19
- Khoury’s 4.13 – Summer Steamer – 28:52
- 5 Miler – Jim Kane Sugar Bowl 5 Miler – 37:29
- Half Marathon – Johnny Kelley Half Marathon – 1:37:43 (missed doing it again by 10 seconds in October at Harwich)
- 200K Cycling – Boston Brevets Dighton Rock 200K – 11:00:00
HIGH CATEGORY FINISHES
- Hyannis Half Marathon – 1st Clydesdales
- Playworks Run For Recess 5K – 1st 35+
- Johnny Kelley Half Marathon – 1st Clydesdales
- Club Cup Challenge Cup Marathon Relay – 3rd Team
- Casey’s Summer Steamer – 2nd Clydesdales
- Jim Kelley Sugar Bowl 5 Miler – 1st Clydesdales
- Harwich Cranberry Half Marathon – 1st Clydesdales
- MDI Marathon Relay – 4th 2 Person Team
- Miami Man Half Iron Duathlon – 1st Clydesdales
Looking forward -
2011/12 Winter/Spring Season
- Winter Classic 5K - December
- Sudbury 10K - January
- Hyannis Half Marathon – February
- Eastern States 20 Miler – March
- Boston Brevets' 107K – April
- Providence Marathon - May
- Blackwater Duathlon - June