Friday, November 29, 2013

No Pet Turkeys: Gobble Gobble Gobble (11/28/13)

Amie Lynn and JZ turkeying it up for the Boston Globe
Race: Gobble Gobble Gobble 4 miler
Location: Somerville, MA
Goal Time: 26:00
Actual Time: 25:36 (PR!)

Thanksgiving means two things: Turkey and a 4 mile race.

I didn't feel great in the morning; but, I didn't feel terrible either. I figured I could go after my PR and maybe break 25 minutes.

Basically I was on target through the first 2.5 miles.  The first 2 were 6:13 and 6:12.  But the third mile is filled with short hills over Central Ave and then the tough right onto Summer Street.  So mile 3 was slower and then I cruised down Summer and back into Davis.

PR but not as good as I wanted.

Shoutouts:
Larissa was the women's winner
Rob, Chris and Rory went 1,2,3 in the master's category




Urvi's soup and SoRad's turkey - gobble gobble

No comments:

Post a Comment