Friday, July 31, 2009

Sami Hiking Trail (7/6/09)

Location: Sami, Kefalonia, Greece

From Sami


I had an excellent idea to get up early and go on the Ithaca Ferry to find out more about the archeology around Odysseus.

I slept through the boat.

So I rode out through the port of Sami to the edge of town to take the hiking trail. The trail led out through from the town and up into the hills outside. At the top there was a beautiful old monastery that was built in the 15th Century and had survived the Venetians, the Turks, the Italians and the Nazis only to be completely destroyed by the 1953 earthquake.

Further down is the ruins of the old chapel to Saint Nicholas and the old fountain used by the monastery. The chapel is cool.

From Sami


I then rode back to the campground and rested for my long cruise to Croatia.

Tino Pai!

Jesse…

No comments:

Post a Comment